I’ve never really owned anything from the Pixi skincare range even though I’ve read quite a lot of reviews on their products. The Pixi glow tonic seems to be quite popular amongst the beauty blogging community and almost all are saying it is a holy grail skincare product. Now I am extremely late in jumping on the bandwagon with this product but I’m not one to go along with all the hype unless I generally want to give it a go.
Here’s some information on this product….
• Formulated with 5% Glycolic Acid
• Exfoliates, brightens and smoothes skin
• Aloe vera, ginseng and botanical extracts work together to nourish and treat
• Instant glow inhancer
• Alcohol free
• Gentle for all skin types
• Not tested on animals
• Volume: 100ml
• Use: Either in the AM and PM or when needed
• Step 1: Cleanse your face
• Step 2: Saturate a cotton pad with the Glow Tonic and sweep across face, neck and décolletage (avoiding the eye area)
• Step 3: Follow with the a serum or moisturizer
Water/Aqua/Eau, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid, Hexyl Nicotinate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Biotin, Panthenol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Caramel, Red 4 (CI 14700). 100 ml / 3.4 fl. oz.
I only became properly interested in this skincare range a few months ago because I am currently having a skin crisis. Now my skin hasn’t always been clear, I’ve always had the occasional outbreak close to my cycle. Although just recently these outbreaks just take ages to clear and seem to linger which is highly frustrating.
So whilst I was researching other beauty bloggers skincare routines, Pixi glow tonic seemed to pop up quite a number of times and everyone had this beautiful clear, glowing skin. Why not give it a go I thought to myself and proceeded onto the Pixi website and immediately winced at the price tag. Apparently this stuff sells out quick so everyone stocks up, so I was struggling to decide between a 250ml bottle for £18 or 100ml for £10.
I’m not familiar with this product so thought it best to go for 100ml for £10, that way I wouldn’t be too disappointed if this product didn’t work out. I decided to throw the glow mud cleanser into my basket too as why not and it was 10% off for being a new customer.
Whilst I was doing my research on these products I came across the Pixi 21 day glow challenge, you basically use the glow tonic day and night everyday for 21 days.
I thought I would give this challenge a go and update you weekly on my progress, so here is a picture of my skin on the first day of using this product…
I have decided to also use the glow mud cleanser along with the glow tonic in my 21 day glow challenge so here is some info about that product…
• A deep pore cleansing mud, enriched with 5% glycolic and soothing botanicals
• Formulated to provide effective cleansing, yet is mild enough for all skin
• Complexion is cleansed and gently exfoliated to reveal radiant and healthy skin
• Deep pore cleansing leaving skin clean and glowing
• Gently exfoliates and revitalizes
• Mud deep cleanses
• Glycolic acid enhances complexion’s glow
• Suited on all skin types
• Not tested on animal
• Use: To be used in the AM or PM
• Step 1: Apply a small amount to damp skin
• Step 2: Massage gently for 30 seconds, avoiding the eye area
• Step 3: Rinse clean and pat dry
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Diatomaceous Earth, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Glycolate, Lauroamphocarboxyglycinate and Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Squalane, Anthemis Nobilis Flower (Chamomile) Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Leaf/Root Extract, Hexylene Glycol (and) Fructose (and) Glucose (and) Sucrose (and) Urea (and) Dextrin (and) Alanine (and) Glutamic Acid (and) Aspartic Acid (and) Hexyl Nicotinate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazelnut) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Chlorphenesin, Guar Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid.
I am really excited to see the results after 21 days and fingers crossed it works!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read!!
Please comment below if you have tried the challenge yourself or have been using this product, I would love to know your thoughts.